Monday 11 February 2013

Keep calm and paint

I fancied having a bit of a spruce up of my house today, I know it's not spring and I'm certainly not nesting, I just fancied freshening things up.

So off I trek to my local DIY store, buy the biggest tin of white paint I can find and a starter set of brushes. I'm the girl who struggles with the most basic of home improvements, so you can imagine how proud of myself I felt.

After a quick stop off to see a friend, it's time to pick up Jake from Preschool. My head still filled with how amazing I'm going to be at painting. Perhaps, I'll discover an unknown talent?

Hang on, we don't even get that far and disaster strikes! I arrive home, pop inside with the shopping and go back to the car to get the boys. Jake innocently says to me: "Mummy, can we play with the paint now?", hmmmm, "Not now sweetie I say."

Then I see his eyes look to the floor, mine follow and I think, that's not right. I look again. Still not right. Then I look for a third time and it hits me. The entire contents of the paint tin is across the floor of my car!

Oh my god! Now what do I do. I take the tin out, it covers the pavement, I move the mat and it covers the passenger seat. I move my new brushes and it covers me!

I'm now surrounded with a white mess, everywhere, and I mean everywhere. What do I bloody do now? Yep, I call my Dad! Who else hey?

Having to explain the mess I was in wasn't my finest hour and he then came and spent the next two hours attempting to clean my car, the pavement and all the clothes!

I'm all for letting kids have messy play, but I draw the line at painting my car!






1 comment:

  1. Whew! That seems like a lot of work to do. Everything aside, painting is fun and challenging at the same time. You just have to make the most of it. In the end, the results will always be worth it. ;)

    - Please visit our website

    ReplyDelete